Saturday, December 12, 2015

...Homemade Applesauce...

Good Morning...today is Scout's final Christmas Parade...and we're all sort of YAY!...and Boo-Hoo about it at the same time...next week will be the final Christmas Concert...that's just the way Senior years go...isn't it?...

...the meet time at the school wasn't until 10...so we had time for a somewhat leisurely breakfast...

...with fluffy southern style biscuits...(Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe)...

...and I had 'overbought' (is that a word?) apples this week...and they were starting to get a little bit wrinkly in the fruit bowl...and I know from experience that no one in this family is going to eat them like that...
...so...although they are 'eatin' apples not cooking ones...3 Fuji and 2 Red Delicious...I decided to peel them and make applesauce with them...just so they wouldn't go to waste...
...just roughly diced and put in a pot...with a tiny bit of water...
...while I was making the biscuits...I'd give them a little stir...
...and they just kept getting softer and softer...until they were done...and we had applesauce...
...and the neat thing about using these sweet apples was that they required no added sugar at all...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. I think "overbought" is a word since we do it all the time. If not, it should be. I guess you are having the same beautiful weather we are, certainly not normal December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love homemade applesauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice and "fall-ish"!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks quite delicious.

    ReplyDelete