Friday, January 01, 2016

...Sky Scarf F.O. ...and some Affectioknit Stats...

...First of all...HAPPY NEW YEAR!
...and then...I knit the last row of the Sky Scarf...it's hard to believe that I started it exactly one year ago today...
...it looks really long in this photo...
...but I thought it was funny that it wound up being almost exactly an inch per week...I think 52 inches is a good length for a scarf...and I like that it's exactly one year...spanning three states...W.V. ...N.C. ...and S.C. ...I know that it seems like I favor states with directions in their names...HA!

...there will probably be one more Sky Scarf post...as I still have to cast off and 'finish' it...and I'm thinking a multi-coloured fringe...but I may just leave it plain...we'll see...

...then I thought it'd be fun to look at some Affectioknit stats...as I've never really done that before...my blog being all about connecting with friends and family...I really don't have much use for the statistics...

...so these are the searches that landed people on Affectioknit... ... vegan monkey bread linville caverns homemade can crusher
...the top two searches really surprised me...but not this one really...I've gotten lots of emails and questions about the can crusher...
affectioknit
affectioknit.blogspot.com
...then I was also surprised that so many people were searching just by the name of the blog... how to make a can crusher...another search for the can crusher...I'm glad so many people are making can crushers and recycling... ...another surprise search...hobo costume...and apparently I didn't even take a photo of Scout actually IN the costume...but we did have a lot of fun at that chilly camp... seitan ham...this search didn't really surprise me as I get lots of questions and requests for the recipe because the link to the original recipe is no longer there...I may research the 'ethics' of posting someone else's recipe that no longer exists on the internet...but for now I'll continue to email my copy of the recipe for people who ask... moon poems...OK...this search result REALLY surprised me...who knew there were that many people searching for Moon Poems... lutheran world relief school kits

...I'm really glad this search result is out there...so that people can find the list and the patterns and donate...Donate...DONATE...

School Kits - 1 - with instructions
School Kits - 2 - with a link to the old style tote pattern...
School Kits - 3
School Kits - 4 - with a link to the new style backpack tote pattern

...Now on to the Most popular Pages...and the surprising thing here is that for the most part...they don't correspond to the searches...weird... Ezekiel 4:9 Bread...In the Bread Machine...this is not only the most popular post for this year...but for all time on Affectioknit...so...it's surprising that it was not in the most popular searches... ...Super Simple One Hour Baby Hat...Free Pattern.....most of these hits came from Ravelry... Seriously Chunky Mitten Pattern...and this one too...

Make Your Own Aluminum Can Crusher...no surprise there... Natural Wart Removal - It worked for me...was another really popular post last year...not sure why it's not in the search results either...basically a bunch of pictures of the palm of my hand... Mortarboard Tutorial - or How to Make a Graduation...a lot of emails and questions about this one as well...and a lot of kindergartners need mortarboards...
...FREE PATTERN...Super Simple Snowboarding Earfla...again...from Ravelry... Vegan Monkey-Bread...again... The Elusive Vegan Angel Food Cake...I get lots of questions about this post as well... Poetry Swap...

...so there you have it...a year's worth of Sky Scarf and a year's worth of Affectioknit trivia...

~Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. Really very interesting. Your blog is kind and gentle, something most of us want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the knitting and the bread; Happy New Year, Teresa, to you and yours. May you celebrate in good health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is interesting! i'll have to do that on my blog!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. your scarf turned out beautifully!
    i love all the sky colors! and what a story of your year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    My colleague and I have been trying to reach you via email. Is there anyway we could have a chat when you are free?

    ReplyDelete