Saturday, January 16, 2016

...Vegan Potato Bar...

...as a changeup from our usual pizza/movie night fare...Scout asked if we could do a potato bar...

...we all love the potato bar...so it surprises me that I don't do it more often...and it's so easy too...
...once you've got your potatoes in the oven...I wash nice big ones really well...and coat them with oil and bake them at 450° F for about an hour...they are just so, so much better done this way than in the microwave...

...then all you have to do is gather some toppings...I would have just used some Daiya Cheddar Shreds if I'd had any...but a quick look into the freezer told me that I did not...but I did have a block of Daiya Cheddar...so I just sliced some while it was still frozen...
...and then sliced the slices into little shreds...and VoilĂ !..shredded Daiya...
...toppings...clockwise from the right...Vegan Bacon Bits...Salsa...Daiya Cheddar...Almond Milk leftovers Sour Cream (same process as my Leftover Almond Meal Cream Cheese just with a little bit more liquid)...Chopped Green Onions...
...then just open your potato...I roll mine around a bit and squeeze it before I cut into it...that makes it nice and fluffy on the inside...

...then I top it with cheese...
...salsa...
...vegan sour cream...
...vegan bacon bits...
...and chopped onions...

...so...so delicious...

...and now that I'm all done with Poirot...Netflix has new episodes of Foyle's War...so that's what we watched...

~Have a lovely weekeknd!

2 comments:

  1. Jackets or baked spuds - delicious and as you say so much nicer when cooked in the oven. Toppings look great. Have you discovered the latest BBC 'Father Brown' series with Mark Williams? Very good and worth a watch. Also George Gently, rather more serious and set in the early 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! that does look good AND fun!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete