Thursday, January 21, 2016

....What I Ate Yesterday...

...this is another one of those alongs...

...but I'm not really going 'along'...because it's supposed to be 'What I Ate Wednesday'...or WIAW...

...but I pretty much try to do the W.I.P. (Work In Progress) Wednesday along...and I'd be posting on Thursday anyway...because I wouldn't do an evening post after dinner...

...so...this may be a regular blog feature...people often ask me...'Just what do vegans eat anyway?'...to which I usually reply...'Food'...in the nicest way possible...of course...

...I usually have quite pleasant conversations with people who are interested/curious about vegan food options...and I find that most people aren't really thinking very much about what they're eating at all...

...so...without further ado...

What I Ate Yesterday...which happened to be Wednesday...
...I had made a big batch of Homemade Soy Yogurt...
...and I just added a dollop of the Man's Mom's Strawberry Jam and some flax seed...

Breakfast - Homemade Soy Yogurt with Strawberry Jam and Flax Seed
Lunch - Split Pea Soup...same recipe...but without the barley...
...we always need something fairly quick and easy on Wednesday night...
Dinner - cappelini with marinara and Julia's sautéed mushrooms - salad and bread

What did you eat yesterday?

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Breakfast was blueberries with canned grapefruit followed by home made bread and honey, lunch was 'bread and scratchit' which is bread, tomatoes, beets, pickles and dinner was tomato omelet, baked beans, jacket potatoes. The dinner was a quick meal because I was out until after 7pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks good. I went "vegan" for one week once. I felt great. But I would be too concerned about all the soy consumption. I do try to limit the meat and chicken protein I'm eating too because most of it is not hormone free. That would cost me a fortune. I do eat a lot of vegetables.

    Yesterday was an atypical day. I had bran flakes for breakfast, leftover cobb salad for lunch, a green smoothie snack and baked brown rice with mushrooms & onions and skinless/boneless chicken for dinner (there are lots of leftovers).

    ReplyDelete
  3. that all looks yummy!

    we ate "accidentally vegan" yesterday - oatmeal/peanut butter for breakfast, then my bean soup and cornbread for both lunch and supper. we often go days without meat. easy when hubby doesn't mind sauces made with TVP. my biggest difficulty with vegan cooking is "no cheese"!!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete