Thursday, February 25, 2016

...tarte rustique...

...I've made Tarte Rustique...a couple of times...it's easy and fun...
...and I had some cherries left over from Julia's Clafouti... but not really enough for a big deep pie...
...so...I made a pie crust...and rolled it out in between my giant freezer bag pie crust helper...simple and not flour-y...my quick and easy pie crust recipe is there too...
...nice and thin...and super flakey...
...just cherries...and sugar...
...I just centered the pie crust on a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet...and poured the cherries in the center...
...and then folded the edges up...
...nice and neat...
...and baked until golden...

...Have you ever made a tarte rustique...or do you prefer your pie in a plate...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. I've made tarts like this but with jam or sultanas and brown sugar!!

    ReplyDelete