Monday, March 07, 2016

...Darn-it...Again...

...we had a quiet Sunday...and I managed to get a little bit of darning and mending done...
...these socks are just like the ones I darned earlier...

...they had a couple of threadbare places...which is really the best time for darning...

...because...
...if you let it go just a little be further...you'll wind up with an outright HOLE...and that's more difficult to deal with...
...Jack paid little attention to the darning this time...he's been to the vet three times now for his ear infection...and we think that it's finally better...
...so the threadbare parts are easily darned...
...but the hole is a little bit trickier...you have to make the loops for the duplicate in air as it were...
...all done...
...and I'm wearing them right now...with slippers on to 'protect' them from wear...

...I also mended the neck of my red sweater...and sewed buttons on a pair of trousers for the Man...and a pair of shorts for Scout...so now my mending basket is empty...

...How's your mending basket?...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Great job of mending. I have several things to mend but not much in the mood. I did try to mend a ripped seam in the back of a jacket tonight and made a total mess. It was too dark to rip out the seam. I'll start anew another day. After that I have several pants that require hemming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing to mend right now....and i certainly wouldn't tackle a "knitting repair"....i've got the best resource around just an hour away! :-)

    love, k

    ReplyDelete