Thursday, March 10, 2016

...Seasoning Beans...

...my sweet Sissie and I were planning our trip up to the mountains for our Grandma's 100th Birthday Party...

...and I mentioned that I needed to stop by the SDA store there and get some more of their flavored TVP...I use it a lot...

...and she said that she needed some more of their Bacon Bits...and we chatted about how much better they are than other types of bacon flavored bits...mainly because they are not quite as hard...they don't hurt the roof of your mouth if you coat a piece of toast with Vegenaise and then sprinkle on a BUNCH of these vegan bacon bits to make a Vegan B.L.T. ...they aren't hard like some of the store bought ones...
...and then I was making my customary BIG pot of pinto beans...and I thought that they might add a nice smoky bacon-y flavor the beans...so I filled up my tea ball with Vegan Bacon Bits...because I didn't want lots of little bits floating around in my beans...just the flavor...
...and plopped that into the 'soup'...

...they were delicious...
...and I still have several containers in the freezer to enjoy later...but the weather here has been quite warm...so I don't know how much longer 'bean soup' is going to be appropriate...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. maybe you can serve the bean soup as an appetizer! sprinkle some cilantro on it to make it "springy" tasting.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bean soup, a good idea to make a big batch.

    100, how wonderful. My great great grandmother nearly made it and my lovely Aunty Bet nearly made it. My Aunty Bet became blind and at about 97 she fell, hit her head and her sight came back!

    ReplyDelete