Thursday, March 03, 2016

...W.I.A.Y. ....What I ate yesterday...

...I am so inspired by what y'all eat...that I copy you..

...Maureen posted that she loves frozen blueberries mixed with canned ruby grapefruit followed by toast and honey for breakfast...
...I didn't have any canned grapefruit...but I did have a couple of regular ones in my fruit bowl...
...so I peeled and sectioned one...
...and added the blueberries...I normally sprinkle sugar on grapefruit because I consider it to be rather tart...but the sweet blueberries preclude the necessity of sugar...bonus!
...also toasted homemade French bread (from the bread machine)...I should post that simple recipe soon...as it has about 3 ingredients and takes almost no time at all to make...

...and the Grape Jelly was made by my sweet sissie...and it's almost all gone...sad face... :(

Breakfast: Grapefruit sections with Blueberries, French Bread and Grape Jelly, Coffee and Cashew Creamer...
...so...so simple...Take a bunch of organic baby kale and put it in a pot with some water...
...cook until tender...I like mine really well done...
...add a couple of spoonfuls of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar and a spoonful of sugar...
...and that's it...
crumble some (leftover) vegan cornbread over the top...and enjoy...
Lunch: Kale Soup, Vegan Cornbread - recipe here, tea, almond milk
...Vegan Cake...recipe here...
Snack (or afternoon tea if you prefer): Vegan (depression or vinegar) cake, tea
...supper was another Lenten Supper at the Church...and the Sunday School class that prepared the meal very thoughtfully kept a bowl of spaghetti sauce out for me before they put the meat in...so sweet...

...and then they told me that the recipe was in the Church Cookbook...and asked if I had one...and I don't...so they rallied all of the people that they thought might still have one...and they think that they've found one for me...I love these community cookbooks...

...so inspire me some more...What did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. yes, i still pull out the Mills River Community cookbook often! it's about to fall apart, so i need to figure out a way to re-bind it. those plastic bindings weren't meant to last 35+ years, were they?

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you enjoy the fruity mix? My dentist has said I should clean my teeth before breakfast because there is fruit juice in the can! So picky.

    ReplyDelete