Thursday, April 14, 2016

...W.I.A.Y. ...

...we've been trying to use up everything from the big freezer...spring cleaning you know...and I had a few containers of pumpkin still in there (really Pumpkin and Butternut Squash mixed together)...so I made a pumpkin pie...it makes a yummy breakfast...even if it does seem a bit 'out of season' in the springtime...
Breakfast - Vegan Pumpkin Pie
...lunch was just sort of a snackie affair...
Lunch - Pinto Bean/Avocado Salad with Pita Chips
...and then I'd gotten a big bag of fresh green beans at the grocery on Saturday...and they had to be used up or they were going to go bad...so I made a batch of Cook's Illustrated Green Beans...and used up some ham seitan from the freezer...

Dinner - ham seitan - green beans

...so now it's your turn to inspire me with what you ate yesterday...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. i'm going to try that method for cooking green beans. i often end up with "mush" when steaming them.....

    and you would have loved what i made for dinner yesterday. it was just a bunch of veggies in the big fry-pan - a can of coconut milk, soy sauce and curry powder. was yummy-delicious and Duane liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love green beans. Yesterday my grapefruit/blueberry mix, toast with peanut butter and green tea. Lunch was salad and dinner quinoa with a vegetable thing with falafels.

    ReplyDelete