Saturday, May 14, 2016

...Mom's Classic Lasagna...

...I have posted about Mom's Lasagna before...
...the funny thing is that after I got married I asked Mom for her recipe...and she told me it was on the back of the Mueller's Pasta box...so I cut it out and glued it to an index card and put it in my recipe box...and it's my go-to recipe for lasagna...
...this is the first time that I've ever used 'oven ready' pasta though...
...I thought the back of this box told a neat story...
...so I made the sauce...only subbing TVP for the meat...
...and started layering...the stiff noodles seemed a bit odd...
...and I made Vegan Cottage Cheese instead of ricotta...
...I didn't put the a big slice of Mozzarella on top right away...because I thought it might get too brown during the entire baking time...
...so I baked the lasagna for half an hour without any cheeze on top...
..the big stiff slice worked perfectly...but it did go all melty as soon as I put it on the hot lasagna...
...and then I put it back in the oven and baked it for another 20 minutes...
...sliced...the noodles really did bake up perfectly...
...and served with salad and bread...
...what could be more perfect?...
...and then I had plenty left over to put in the freezer for later...

...lasagna is one of my favorite meals...what about you?

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. that looks delicious!! love the way the "cheese" melted. and YAY for leftovers! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lasagne, I love the way that it can be made with any sauce. I do like the oven ready pasta because every time I boil lasagne pasta they stick together and I get into a big mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! What can be better than a lasagna! This is what we will have tomorrow for a big birthday with family!

    ReplyDelete