Tuesday, May 31, 2016

...The Week of Hair...#1...the braid-wrapped bun...

...believe it or not...it's that time again...

...time to get all this hair cut off and donated...

...roughly every two years...three years this time...I get a haircut...and not just any haircut...I get it all cut off and give it away...so this year it's a little bit longer than the previous few donations...

...I donate my hair to Children with Hairloss...

...of course...some previous year's donations have been documented here...

2007
2009
2011
2013

...if I've counted correctly...since college when I first donated...this will make 13 times that I've donated over a foot of hair...13 feet of hair seems like a lot...but really it cost me nothing to grow it out...such an easy donation...

...so this Saturday...I'll get it cut again...but until then I thought I'd show you some of things I do with it when it's long...believe it or not...short hair is a whole lot easier to manage...
...for today's do you'll need the following:
a bun maker that matches your hair
an elastic that matches your hair
a few bobby pins - I used 4
...begin by pulling all your hair through the center of the bun maker...
...then spread it evenly around and hold it in place with one hand...
...with the other hand pop the elastic over the hair/bun maker...and release...
...straighten out the 'leftover' hair...
...and divide it in two...
....braid each side...
...and wrap each braid around the base of the bun...and pin in place with a couple of bobby pins...
...done...this up-do takes less than 5 minutes to create and I like it because it's easy...it stays put...and non-binding...

...I hope you'll donate your hair...

...countdown 5 more days to short hair...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. I think what you do is wonderful. My hair is very short and when I try to grow it it very quickly becomes unmanageable!

    We have the same camera, great aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your hair does grow fast! love the "do"...look forward to seeing your new, short style in person in a couple of weeks! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time sure does fly. Seems like yesterday that we saw the short style after a previous donation. We'll see it soon too. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair is quite long right now. Longer than it ever has been. So your post is timely as I'm getting it cut on Saturday. I just googled some places in Canada that will accept hair. Thank you for this post and reminder of what I would otherwise throw out.

    ReplyDelete