Monday, June 27, 2016

...a mountain getaway...

...sorry I fell off the internet for a couple of days...

...but we had a spontaneous getaway to the mountains this weekend...just the two of us...which hardly ever happens...
...but we threw a change of clothes into a bag and hit the road...
...and it was a curvy road...
...a goofy photo of me and Jack in one of those big chairs...haha
...a few hours later we arrived at a quaint little Inn in Little Switzerland...
...I think it's adorable...
...and that's our truck parked outside...
...it was like stepping back in time...all of the intricate woodwork reminded me of a lakeside lodge in Minnesota...
...and like that lodge there was a game room too...
...the Man got us a nice room with a balcony on the third floor...so we spent the afternoon doing absolutely nothing...he called his folks for a chat...and I read my book---Twelve Years a Slave...on my sweet sissie's Kindle...and Jack just enjoyed all the sights and sounds and smells as only a Jack Russell can do...
...then we headed to the al fresco dining room...and the man ordered me a root beer...which is funny because I only drink about 1 root beer every 5 years or so...but this one was different...it's 'Not Your Father's Root Beer'...haha...it was good...
...and then I had a delicious kale salad...
...and we just sat out on the deck, talking, and watched the sun set...
...and the lights in the valley twinkle on below...
...and then after a refreshing sleep...we watched the sunrise...and then headed home...we had to be back in time for the annual Hobo Supper...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. that looked like a sweet little getaway!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like such a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely adventure, all the better for having Jack with you. For a moment there I thought you and Jack had shrunk in the wash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvellous getaway for you and the man. Fantastic scenery too. I love the photo of you and Jack in the big chair. It reminded me of "Edith Ann" on television years ago. "And that's the truth, plfff!" ;-)

    ReplyDelete