Wednesday, June 01, 2016

...The Week of Hair...#3...Octopus Clip with French Braid...

...this is the only thing you need for this simple up-do...

...I love these octopus or 'claw' clips...because the tines are flat they don't dig in or pinch the way some combs/clips do...
...first...I part a section of hair from the top of my head down to my ear...

...and then I do a sort of French braid on just this section framing my face by only picking hair up from the bottom and adding it to the braid...so it ends up looking sort of twisted...and when I get down to the base of my ear and I've used up all the hair from the part...I just braid it out to the end the regular way without adding any hair from the back...so I'm left with the twisted french braid framing my face with a sort of braided tail...
...then I pull the rest of the hair (not included in the braid) up into a ponytail....centered at the back of my head...
...and twist it up into a loose bun...I don't put an elastic on the braided section...but you could if you wanted...
...finally I just twist the braided tail around the base of the bun...
...and place the clip around the bun...easy-peasie...
...and there you have it...another up-do that only takes a couple of minutes...

...Countdown 3 more days to short hair...

~Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. Only a couple of minutes - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make that look so easy! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And your cutting your beautiful hair???? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...not to worry...it'll grow right back...

      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
    2. My hair is thin and I was never able to grow it as long as yours. You are blessed! :-) Have fun!

      Delete