Wednesday, June 22, 2016

...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...as I mentioned before...our Youth Group is selling handmade dishcloths as a fundraiser...

...and some of our 'youth' (only the girls so far) have been coming to N.O.A.H. ...our prayer shawl ministry group...and have learned to crochet...
...so the first one that I made is just a single crochet square...
...actually single crochet, chain 1 is the pattern across 35 stitches on the foundation chain...it makes a nice waffle-y pattern...
...I just sized it by a boughten (N.D. word) dishcloth...
...then I got out the knitting needles my sweet sissie had given me for Christmas...

...and cast on for a round dishcloth...it's just 10 little short row wedges over the first 10 of 20 cast on stitches...
...and the little open holes left by the short row turns make a pretty sort of sand dollar effect on the round dishcloth...
...and for the third dishcloth in this little 'set'...a simple stockinette stitch square combining both knit and crochet...just stockinette stitch 32 sts x 44 rows on the same size 10 needles...
...then cast off and single crochet all around...
...and then a scallop stitch around that...
...Youth Dishcloth #1...
...Youth Dishcloth #2...
...Youth Dishcloth #3...
...folded and stacked as a set...
...wrapped and ready for sale...

...what's in your basket?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I've been making scottie dog brooches and printing tea towels for my art class craft table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so nice. The pattern and color really show up. Mom

    ReplyDelete