Saturday, September 17, 2016

...Breakfast for Supper...

...we were going to do Pancake/Waffle Supper for movie night...but decided to do a full breakfast instead...
...and that was a great opportunity for me to try out the Vegan Egg that I'd gotten from Amazon last week...
...just mixed it up according to the package directions...2 Tbls. to 1/2 cup water...it looks a little bit too thick to me...but I didn't change it...

...it has a hint of a black salt smell at this point so I didn't add any...yet...
...got some Earth Balance sizzling in a cast iron pan...and poured the mixture in...
...it is rather amazingly egg-like at this point...shiny and bubbly...
...and it stirs and cooks up just like scrambled eggs...
...so I just cooked it until it was firm...
...and gave it a taste...I decided that it needed a little bit more Kala Namak (black salt) to be really egg-like...
...and served it with grits, toast and eggplant bacon...

...Oh...and the movie was the Netflix version of "The Little Prince"...a different re-telling of one of my favorite books of all time...it was good too...just different...

...what have you been watching...and eating?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I too like to have breakfast for dinner from time to time and go whole hog (no pun intended) with the bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and toast. Your scrambled 'egg's' and eggplant bacon look quite good. I'm sure you enjoyed your breakfast for dinner. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool breakfast/dinner!! we just watched the new Jungle Book. i had a free redbox rental that was about the expire - and i couldn't see anything else i really wanted to see. it was well done.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast for supper? Yessssss!

    ReplyDelete