Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tuesdays with Julia

...so I'll start the week of Vegan Christmas food with the main course...Vegan Poulet à la Broche...
...I fashioned a roasting spit of sorts out of two tin cans with holes punched in them...and a skewer...

...a couple of tips learned from roasting seitan this way...

...you need to 'truss up' the seitan really well with some foil wrapping and twine...and I think next time...(if there is a next time...as I really didn't see much difference between spit roasting and regular roasting)...is that I would probably use more than one skewer somehow...as it was difficult to turn the seitan on the spit...but a skewer stabbed into the seitan at an angle and resting on the sheet pan will hold the trussed seitan in place as you turn it for even roasting...and I made the holes in the tin cans rather large...and maybe making them just large enough for the skewer would have held the skewer in place as well...

...all of the particulars are over at The Vegan Version...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment: