Friday, February 17, 2017

...5 Little Things Friday...

...it's time for 5 little things...making me happy this week...

...and they're all food related...for some reason...I guess I like food...a lot...
...so...to start off...they've been having the heirloom tomatoes at our local Harris Teeter...
...the tag says Farmer's Market...and they're grown in the USA...
...sliced up with some cucumber they sure are tasty...
...the second thing...is this fat free (almost) peanut butter powder...

...y'all know how Amazon uses cookies to 'suggest' purchases for you based on what you've searched for out in the wild blue internet yonder...

...well...I had searched for PB2...and so Amazon suggested that I purchase this organic Honeywell Peanut powder...and so...just to prove to Amazon that this type of marketing works... I did...

...it is so delicious...I love to blend it into smoothies...but probably my favorite thing is a Vegan Chunky Monkey n'Ice Cream...I just put a frozen banana and a tablespoon of Peanut Powder into the Vitamix...and then add a handful of vegan chocolate chips at the end...so...very...delicious...
...and I'm still TOTALLY loving this breakfast idea that I got from my overseas internet friend Maureen...

...seriously just blueberries and grapefruit...I love it so much...because I was seriously not a fan of grapefruit before...I had to have at least of couple of spoonfuls of sugar just to eat a half of a grapefruit...and now...I just section out the grapefruit and dump on some frozen blueberries...and eat it all up...no sugar...
...number 4...fresh pineapple...they are ridiculously cheap right now...love that...
...and finally...a Lean Machine...

...I had seen this BRILLIANT idea for cooking vegetables over at The Anarchist Kitchen...and mentioned that I wanted one...

...I was really kinda hinting...but then I was dropping some of our junk off at Goodwill and they had a whole shelf of George Foreman Grills...so...I nabbed this shiny silver one for $5...

...I'm going to do a whole post on this AWESOME vegan hack soon...

...your turn...what's making you happy this Friday...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. i'm happy that it's going to be 70+ degrees for the next week!! it was really hard leaving the balmy St. Croix and coming back to 37 degrees!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the idea of grilled pineapple. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, just noticed you didn't really mention grilling the pineapple in the George Foreman Grill, but it's a nice idea. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you got the grilling machine for $5. That's awesome. If I ever see a used one in great shape I will surely purchase it too. I have one. It's getting kind of old but they sure do a nice job of grilling food. Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant clip! Who knew the grill was so versatile - well we do now. Still eating the blueberries and grapefruit, it's a rare morning I miss!

    ReplyDelete