Friday, February 24, 2017

...Copycat Taco Bell Sauce...

...Hello Everyone!

...what do y'all get at Taco Bell?...they have lots of vegan options...check out the vegan menu on Vegan Eating Out...
...and the mild sauce is one of my favorite things...

SAUCE INGREDIENTS: WATER, VINEGAR, TOMATO PASTE, FOOD STARCH, RED, LESS THAN 2% OF: CHILI PEPPER, SPICES, SUGAR, NATURAL FLAVORS POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, MALTODEXTRIN, YEAST EXTRACT, SALT, POTASSIUM SORBITATE AND SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVATIVES). CONTAINS SOYBEANS.

...and since I didn't want to 'steal' a bunch of packets...I headed over to Top Secret Recipes...where they have a replica recipe...

...it was super easy to make...I just followed the recipe exactly...it was already vegan...
...then we had a little taste test...in appearance they are indistinguishable...
...and almost so also in taste...there is something that I can't quite pinpoint that's different...and I'm thinking it's the starch...but they are really...really close to exactly the same...
...in other words...the copycat version is delicious...
...so I roasted me up a sweet potato...in my 'new' George Foreman Grill...
...that just took a few minutes...
...and then I put the sauce in a recycled squeeze bottle...the recipe makes a lot of sauce...
...and drizzled it over the roasted sweet potato...
...perfection...

...what recipe have you copycat-ed recently?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. cool - the only recipe i've copy-catted recently is the Girl Scout Do-si-do's.

    enjoy the faux spring!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete