Friday, March 31, 2017

...Aquafaba Angel Food FAIL...

...just thought I'd keep it 'real'...and post about a kitchen experiment that didn't work out...
...I bought a white cake mix with the express purpose of making it into an Angel Food Cake using Aquafaba...
...so I whipped up some beautiful mounds of aquafaba...it looked perfect for the task...
...carefully folded in the cake mix...
...and baked it up in my Angel Food pan that hardly ever gets used...
...but alas...it did not stay fluffy...nor rise to the occasion...
...the crust and the top were pretty spot on...
...but the center was dense, moist and spongy...
...still perfectly edible...just not Angel Food...at all...

...oh well...I'm sure Vegan Angel Food is coming...but I'm also pretty sure that simple aquafaba with all it's wondrous qualities is not the answer...

...had any kitchen fails lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. awww, that's too bad. actually looks pretty tasty in the end though!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete