Wednesday, April 26, 2017

...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...now that the Easter Sweater is finished...I can get back to some N.O.A.H. work...I don't think y'all have seen this project in quite a while...since before Christmas...
...I finished the Granny Squares for the border for the GREEN lapghan...
...and stitched those together...there are seven 3-round Grannies along the bottom border and then nine up the sides...and of course seven across the top...and I went for symmetry...of course...
...I'm planning on using the big skein of dark green for the center...and right now...I'm planning to incorporate a few stitches of randomly spaced random green...just a few stitches to break things up a bit...using up some of the little leftover bits...we'll see how that goes...it's just an idea...and I may not like the outcome...

...but there's just something so satisfying about using up unwanted-unloved-leftover bits of yarn...
...so to get started on the middle portion...I picked up the outside stitch of each square...starting at the top and going down each of the side border strips...and then across the bottom border...
...where I'll begin knitting stockinette stitch...picking up one of the side stitches on each row...like I did with my Niece's Baby afghan...and the B.A.B.Y. afghan too...it's a simple technique that saves seaming later...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. love the greens!! will make someone cozy this winter. so nice of you.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete