Monday, July 31, 2017

...Over the Weekend...

...my birthday was celebrated...
...and carrot cake was made...(Scout's idea I'm sure )...
...I can't say for sure about the recipe...but based on a printout I happened to see...I think it was this one from Love & Lemons...I'll try and confirm that for you...
...and the 'icing' is not the one from the recipe...
...and it's kind of a funny story...it's my vegan whipped cream topping...which is just the coconut cream from the top of a can of full fat coconut milk mixed with powdered sugar...
...and as we only had one can of coconut milk...that was all the cream they had for topping the cake...but it wound up being the perfect amount for this moist and delicious cake...

...wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Love carrot cake, how sweet that it was made for you. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see resourcefulness has rubbed off on the rest of the family!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete