Thursday, August 03, 2017

...A(nother) smoothie FAIL...

...instead of a full-blown W.I.A.Y. post...I thought I'd just share a recent fail...

...I had a smoothie fail a couple of weeks ago...

...the only thing I can think of was that I put grapefruit into it...

...now I actually like grapefruit...and can eat one of the nice Ruby Red ones just like an orange...I peel and eat the sections...

...and since Maureen clued me into the deliciousness of Blueberries and Grapefruit...I often have that...or I just slice it down the middle and sprinkle it with sugar like Mom did when we were little...

...but I added a grapefruit to a regular smoothie mix and got a pretty horrible tasting smoothie...and I told the kiddos to remind me never to put grapefruit into a smoothie again...
...anywhoo...I gathered some smoothie ingredients...all nice nutrient rich things that I usually put into smoothies...except that one right there in the middle...

...that's right...nooch...
...and blended them all up...that's kale stems standing up in the middle and they're in the greenish bag on the stovetop above...I save them from the leaves...and usually put them into smoothies...but I sometimes cook them into other things as well...I just hate for them to go to waste and they're nice and mild...cooked or raw...
...and then I tasted the smoothie...and it just wasn't that good...

...so in addition to no grapefruit...I'm adding nutritional yeast to my list of things that don't belong in smoothies...

...what are your favorite smoothie additions...and what do you avoid?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. ewwww....yeah, i think i'd avoid those! thanks for sharing.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. We pretty much always have a frozen banana and non-dairy milk or yogurt in every smoothie. The other ingredients vary depending on mood and season. Banana, grape, peach, mango, orange, tangerine, berries of every sort. Spinach, chard, kale. Peanut butter. Hemp powder, pea powder. Cocoa powder.

    I put melon in a smoothie once and Matt hated it. I thought it was okay. He's not much for melon though. I've never tried grapefruit as I don't care much for them. I'd never even though to try nooch in smoothie--its pretty savory though so I can see that not jiving well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutritional yeast is a very distinctive taste and I wouldn't put it in a drink.

    ReplyDelete