Friday, October 13, 2017

...Friday Favorites...

...although I didn't do a What I Ate Yesterday post...I did track everything...

...y'all know...I've been vegan a long time...but people still occasionally ask me the age old question..."but...where do you get your protein?"...

...and I always try to answer truthfully that almost all foods have protein in them...and plant based foods especially so...beans of course...but...spinach and broccoli especially...and lots of seeds and nuts too...

...and of course I always try to discuss these things as kindly and gently as possible...I always want people to see how easy it is to be vegan...how much lighter...kinder...and just better they will feel...about themselves and the world...because...if there's a way you can have all the foods you love without the rape, torturing, and murdering of animals...why would you not?
...anywhoo...I've got this great new app for tracking nutrients...Cronometer...

...it's fun and easy to use...you just search for the food you want to enter...and put how much of it you ate...and it tracks all the nutrients for you...
...this is what my Cronometer looked like right after lunch...
...and this is at the end of the day...

...and that's all just from the food I ate...I do take some supplements...you can read about those on this W.I.A.Y. post...

...but I've not entered the vitamins here...so you don't have to worry about my vitamin D, E or Potassium...

...and I don't use the app every day...but it's fun to track sometimes...just to see where I'm at nutrient-wise...and I don't worry too much if I don't get enough...say selenium one day...because the next day I might get 150%...

...have you ever tracked your nutrients?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. that's pretty neat, no i've never tracked nutrients (but i have tried to track calories on occasion!)

    we all knew you were "more than healthy!"

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was asked how I made a meal out of greens. I don't track but eat a balanced diet.

    ReplyDelete