Wednesday, December 20, 2017

...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...a little bit of Christmas elving...

...and you've actually seen it all before in 2016...when I made Scout's Graduation ornament...
...but this is a 2017 Graduation for Our Girl...

...I had saved all of the supplies...of course...
...I just used the cardboard from the graduation keyring...which I had bought way back in May or June and just stuck in the baggie with the thread...you can't easily find them this time of year...
...tied the top and slipped the cardboard out...
...added the clamp with the 2017 charm...
...put some fray stop on the threads...clipped the bottom and hung it up to dry...
...OK...this part I got wrong...haha...I tied the tassle around the little prongs that hold the cap on the glass ornament...but I should have left the cap on...I had to re-do this part...so funny...
...but the point was to give the tassle a little bit of clearance hanging down from the top...so that you can see the top of the tassle inside the glass ball...
...a test fit...whew...the charm fits through the opening...
...then I realized I needed to put the cap back on the prongs...hehe...
...I was going to just tuck it into her stocking...but decided against that as it really is glass and I don't want it to get broken...it's pretty fragile...
...so...I found this adorable take-out box style holder and tucked it into that...

...what elving have you been doing?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I posted a pic of the baby caps I'm making on my blog today. I basically used your pattern, except I am knitting top down. Any suggestions for tweaking what I'm doing would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! no, i've not done ANY elving! i didn't properly think about getting organized for the holidays before we left in November....as a result, i've had to resort to token treats shipped from afar. :-)

    love, k

    ReplyDelete