Friday, January 05, 2018

...Friday Favorites...

...the season for persimmons is quite fleeting...but I had bought several at the grocery store while they had them...
...and I used a couple of them to make a yummy chopped kale salad...(I don't know why there is a pomegranate in the photo...I didn't add any to this salad)...
...I just roughly chopped them and added them and a handful of cranberries to the chopped kale...

...they just add sweetness and the cranberries add both a little sweetness and tartness...

...it was good...

...what have you been experimenting with in the kitchen lately?

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. I bought a persimmon after you mentioned it last time but alas I didn't eat it before it went bad. In the kitchen I've recently made bread and today cinnamon buns and ham and pea soup. I haven't made any of these for a long time. They are usually made over the cooler winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had Bertonelli's Vodka Sauce over pasta tonight. i know it's not vegan, but maybe you could doctor a similar sauce! interesting way to have kale.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipes from my new cook books!

    ReplyDelete