Saturday, February 03, 2018

...Dinner and a Movie...

...the Man had been out of town at a conference all week...and when he got home he was tired of eating out...

...so...we spent the afternoon in the kitchen together...cooking...
...lots of veggie prep...and lots of talking and catching up...
...and everything went into the pot to simmer for a while...
...and we sat down to a delicious Vegan Minestrone Soup for dinner...
...I sprinkled some vegan parm on top...

...it's been really cold here and they're calling for sleet and freezing rain tomorrow...

...I'm sure you can guess the movie...Groundhog Day...of course...so sweet and hopeful...

...it's really one of my all time favorite movies...we usually watch every year on Groundhog Day...this year we were a day late...

...what have you been watching?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

10 comments:

  1. It sounds lovely chopping up veggies side by side and talking. The result was wonderful and I'm sure tasty. I haven't seen Groundhog Day for many an age, lol. Lately I haven't been watching much on TV or on line since I completed season 2 of The Crown and Season 5 of The Vikings. I'm also catching up to one or two episodes of The Blacklist. I've tried watching Knightfall but can't quite get into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations Penny...I've seen the Crown...but not the others...

      ~Affectioknit-ly,

      Teresa

      Delete
  2. that's cute that you watch the movie every year! soup looks wonderful! love, k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      Yep...every year...I don't think my boys are all that thrilled about it...but I love that movie...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a lovely afternoon and the soup looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen,
      It was fun cooking together...and the soup was so...so good...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  4. This soup is totally tempting. Specially on a jetlag day like today!
    I like Groundhog day!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun cooking and eating...I hope you recover from your jetlag quickly...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  5. That is a movie I enjoy every time. I hope you're enjoying more time together this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      We are...always happy to be together...and looking forward to this week's movie night...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete