Saturday, March 03, 2018

...Dinner and a Movie...

...the kiddos were home for a change...it's Spring Break Week here...

...so we planned a BIG meal...
...I started with my regular roll recipe...
...rolled it out thin...
...spread a generous layer of vegan butter all over that...
...cut it into little squares...
...and arranged 4 or 5 of them in each muffin tins...
...ahem...that may have been too many squares...as they sort of overflowed during the second rising...
...but they cooked up into beautiful Fan-Tans...
...then I made Nanny's Sweet Potatoes...
...always delicious...
...the Fan-Tans...
...Ham Seitan...
...broccoli and carrots...for those (Scout) who don't like sweet potatoes...
...and creamed corn...
...and we had quite the spread...kind of unusual for movie night as we usually eat on trays in front of the TV...
...and for dessert...I made a proper go of Pineapple Upside Down Cake...
...perfect on top...
...and on the bottom...

...and since Scout and Our Girl were not staying for the movie...it was the Man's choice this week...and he chose Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb...I had never seen it...apart from the one scene with Slim Pickens riding a bomb out of the bomber bay...I enjoyed it...Peter Sellers plays three different parts in the movie...

...and then the very next day we saw a reference to the movie on the news about a current Russian Doomsday device...so weird...

~Have a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Wow you had a big spread. Just like Sunday dinners of long ago. I love the upside down cake. I haven't had one of those for long. I haven't seen the movie your man selected. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, that is an amazing dinner. i'll have to try your recipe for my next "stovetop" bread experiment. it's just a little bit different than the recipe i've been using. and i'll have to download that movie. looking for something different! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those rolls rook amazing! I like that film as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look amazing! I saw the 'rook' just as I pressed publish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small pull apart breads! Brilliant!
    What a nice meal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an epic feast!! And what a beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete