Monday, April 02, 2018

...Over the Weekend...

...first of all...I want to wish you all a happy and blessed Easter season...

...we had a busy weekend...there was no dinner and a movie Friday night...we had the Tenebrae service at the Church...
...Saturday I did the regular shopping...and I managed to snag a bag of over-ripe (by the store's standards) bananas...just about perfectly ripe for me...and only 89¢ for 6 bananas...
...I ate one......but the rest I cut up and froze for banana n'ice cream...
...and I cut them into 1 inch pieces to make it a little bit easier to blend...not sure why I hadn't thought of this before...but I've been freezing bananas whole for a long time...
...I froze a block of tofu and then thawed it and cooked it on the grill...not sure why I didn't take a photo of that too...
...and I bought a perfect box of organic strawberries...and by perfect I mean that I didn't have to throw away a single one...I cut them up in a jar for topping cereal and yogurt for breakfast...
...and I had four that I couldn't cram into the jar...so I just put them on a plate on the counter...and of course they got eaten...
...I repotted my Mother's Day tulips from last year...and they seem to be doing well...hoping they will bloom again before Mother's Day this year...
...the Man washed both cars...
...the Man and I sat on the porch and enjoyed the full moon and the lovely spring weather...
...the same old decorations year after year...
...the Easter Bunny came...
...we had a perfectly lovely Easter Service at Church...
...I veganized my Mom's zucchini casserole...it's really simple...I just roughly cut up some zucchini and onions...
...topped it with Daiya cheddar...
...and baked...
...I shaped my Super Soft Dinner Rolls into cloverleaf rolls...
...so pretty and delicious...
...and of course we had an Easter feast...ham seitan...Nanny's sweet potatoes...roasted Brussel's Sprouts...and zucchini casserole...
...it was pretty much a perfect weekend...

...I hope yours was too!...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated Easter. It looks like you had a beautiful weekend. Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pressed, sliced and frozen tofu in marinade before, it works well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. weekend? i never can tell what day it is!! love, k

    ReplyDelete