Saturday, May 12, 2018

...Dinner and a Movie...

...the Man had made a big pot of pinto beans...
...so all I needed to do was 'fix' some sides...starting with the cornbread...I pretty much used the recipe on the bag...just subbing flax seed for the egg...and almond milk/vinegar for the buttermilk...easie peasie...
...chopped up some onion...and got out some pickled beets, chowchow and sauerkraut...(I need to post an update on my latest batch of sauerkraut...it's ready by the way...just using this up first)...
...and y'all know how I love CRUSTY cornbread...and I remembered that Mom had given me an extra corn-pone pan...so I got both of those out and filled them up...
...made some home fries...this is just about my favorite way to have potatoes...so comforting and reminiscent of my childhood when we had these a lot more often than actual French fries...
...and that was it quick and easy and on the tray in just a few minutes...ready for the movie...

...the Man's choice...and instead of another mystery...he chose From Russia with Love...

...now I was never a James Bond fan...and with the exception of last night...I 've never sat through an entire James Bond movie...but much like the Excorcist (which I've also never seen in it's entirety)...I've seen bits and pieces of a lot of them...so I kinda/sorta know the genre......as in not-at-all...haha...

...but I had my knitting...so how bad could it be...right?...

...and it was actually fun...kind of campy and predictable...but then I've seen parts of it already...

...are you a James Bond fan?...much like 'Trekkies'...and 'Whovians'...there are quite a few...and they even have their own magazine...BONDAGE...hilarious...I know...

...what have you been watching?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I love James Bond movies. I've been a fan for years but more so during Daniel Craig's "humanizing" of Bond. I'm not in a fan club though and I have no idea about the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only like the Roger Moore Bond movies, as you say campy fun!

    ReplyDelete